We arrived in Valenica wayyy too early. Like ten am. Of course, it being a national holiday in Spain and it being ten am we could not check into the hotel and instead had to store our luggage there. We headed out a few minutes later into the pouring rain to go to the Calatrava Complex!!! BAHHHHH!!!! Unfortunately the weather kind of killed it that day and I really couldn't get any good pictures. We ended up going to the Calatrava science museum to escape the terrible weather and spent our time playing with all of the exhibits. The actual building was a little disappointing. I liked the overall form of the building and how it brought in light but it epically failed craftsmanship-wise. There were leaks all over the building, even coming through the overhang in front of the entrance like a freaking waterfall. No exaggeration. The BEST part of the exhibits was the Star Trek one where they had scripts from the show laid out on a table. I had an Oscar worthy reading of one of them with a few friends. It culminated in a scene where I played two characters that were involved in a conversation together. Classic.
The next day a few of us went back to the complex to actually take pictures. The weather had cleared out and there was actually a sky. Seriously, it's like Calatravaland there. I LOVEEEE ITTT!!! I even managed to find a loose stone from the walkways around the complex and decided to take it as a souvenir. Best. Decision. Ever.
That's pretty much all for Valencia. Rawr.
No comments:
Post a Comment