Tuesday, September 28, 2010

9.0 Le Gay Paris

PPAARRRISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Honestly, I was not a big fan of it here when I came with the Girl Scouts in high school.  It was dusty, smelly, and really hot.  But Paris in the fall is a whole other experience.  Plus, I feel like I actually got that full Paris experience...all of the architecture sites I could manage with a good dose of sitting in cafes and people watching.

We visited:
Corbusier Foundation
Bibliotheque Nationale (Francois Mitterand)
the Salvation Army building
a nearby pedestrian bridge that I don't know the name of
a Gehry building (made out of stone?!)
a stadium with grass growing up the sides (a group of preteens were climbing up it and sliding down, was pretty amusing)
Arabic Foundation
Notre Dame
Centre Pompidou
Louvre
Grand Palais
Rodin Museum
the Eiffel Tower
Cite d'architecture
Bibliotheque Nationale (St. Geneieve)
Pantheon
Branly Museum
Park de la Vilette

All in all Paris was an amazing experience.  I even had a real Croque Monsieur at a cafe!  Also, the couples here are on couple steriods or something.  They take PDA to a whole new level, which was interesting to get used to.  And honestly sometimes kind of gross, especially at 9 in the morning.

TJ, Indy, and I managed to get a taxi to the Eurolines station this morning.  We are currently on the bus to Amsterdam, it's a lloonnggg ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment