Tuesday, September 28, 2010

8.0 Troyyesss?

Finally done with Basel we set out for Ronchamp and later, Troyes.  Ronchamp was absolutely beautiful.  It always looked a bit funny in history class but when you're there it's impossible not to be impressed.  We also were SO close to meeting Renzo Piano!  He was coming to talk about his building next to Ronchamp at 4:30 pm.  We waited around as long as we could but we eventually found out that he was running thirty minutes late.  SO CLOSE!!  SO CLOSE!!  There was a local news station there that was waiting for him to arrive so that they could interview him.  According to Heiner I got filmed for a few minutes, standing outside Ronchamp and sketching.  I was prretttyyy exccitteeddd.

It was nice to finally be in a country where I could understand a little bit of what was going on.  The countryside is a little strange, it looks exactly like Virginia wine country.  I kept on waking up from random naps on the way to Troyes and being like...wwheerree amm ii??

We didn't spend much time in Troyes.  We had a delicious dinner: walnut salad, bouef collingnon, and chocolate mousse.  YUM!

The next morning we visited a library and a church in Troyes before setting out.  Nothing I was particularly excited about though.

No comments:

Post a Comment